Friday 28 April 2017

Evaluation Q4

                      How did I attract my target audience?

The target audience for my media product is young people specifically teenagers and young adults aged between 14-35, individualists and people who are largely interested and influenced by rock music, the research in different areas has helped me largely in the production in order to decide this. The research I did was a survey and analysis of magazines based on elements.
One piece of research I have done is analyzing different magazines from all different genres based on codes and conventions, font types, genre. These have helped me realize what exactly people are drawn to when it comes to a music magazine, as I took apart the magazines I had using the microelements and pieced together the information to discover how a magazine uses its features to attract a certain target audience in the media. I have realized that some font types and colours are better for certain genres to appeal to the target audience of whom they are sought after by. For example pink, orange and blue may look good on pop magazines so possibly attracts mainstreamers from the media, or another feature sought after by mainstreamers on the model could possibly be trendy clothes that are in season of that issue. Or rock genre may have colours such as black, red, orange and blue to attract people who are interested in that genre of music. I did this research to see what people look for in a magazine and what catches peoples eyes specifically so I could make my magazine product the same. I also found out new an different things I could put on a magazine to make it more noticeable.


I made a survey to find out peoples preferences in my local area so I could find out what features appeal to the many people in my local area, such as price and economic group, genre, popular clothing choices, how often they listen to music, buy or read a music magazine. These have helped me decide that my model should be youthful as well as the clothing choices by the model, I found out that the most popular choice of genre in my local area survey results was rock/metal music and   the genre was a big part of my magazine because of this research my magazine contains content that is of the rock genre such as colour, model, dialogue, clothing etc. This gave me an idea of what to base my magazine on in general with these results I analyzed them and saw which ones people preferred or liked the most I then included it in my finished magazine product. I posted the survey out on social media such as Facebook and sent it to people via email and Whats App and collected the results as charts for each question on survey monkey.com. I also used social media as a lot of people aged 14-35 use social media so I could find out what my target audience liked specifically by directly targeting them where they would most likely be, possibly making the media product more enjoyable at the fact that they had a say it in.

Heres a link to the survey I used:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/38DTXXP

No comments:

Post a Comment