Friday 28 April 2017

Evaluation Q7

How do you think you have progressed from you r preliminary task?

Looking back at my preliminary task, I feel that I have learnt the basic essential skills from Photoshop that aided me in creating my magazine production. I this transition I think I have gotten quicker at selecting the right tools to use in Photoshop, and got better co-ordination and prediction skills to determine how to layout my magazine product. I also think I have progressed in removing the background of an image as I do it much quicker now. I have now gotten better at determining which colours go best with the background I have created, I can predict the size of the canvas in Photoshop better and no longer have to try again or edit it to correct size I have made a basic size of page which is 2250 pixels in height and 1500 in width. Comparing to the preliminary task and the final product you can see that my skills have progressed from being a beginner in Photoshop and i am now able to do more things in Photoshop. I have used layers to apply a background which I made and transfer the models image onto it along with the masthead and blend it in and create more effects for a neater finish, I used the layers to make somethings stand out more, In the final media product I made more use of the lighting and vibrance adjustment layer so the rest of the features weren't lost in the background so you get the clarity you see on the front page than on the preliminary task                                                                                                              
       

As you can see that my skills have progressed from using an image with a background to being able to transfer an image to a prepared background and adjust the colours to fit and adjusting the layers to fit into a more unique design. I am able to adjust the cover lines to fit in with the background and colour scheme and create shapes for text that look conventional and professional without just copying a logo to put onto the front page. I have created my own logo in the background whereas in the other one I looked up a PNG and used that. I used a Camera with larger portrait lense to capture the image I have for my magazine cover. The camera I used for the preliminary task was a smaller canon powershot.

1 comment:

  1. This demonstrates some understanding of learned technical skills with good use of terminology, however there needs more in details of the transition from using basic camera skills awareness of focus, depth of field composition. Photoshop use of tools, layers text alignment columns.

    ReplyDelete