Friday 28 April 2017

Evaluation Q5

                     How did I approach my target audience?

In order to attract my target audience I used many different features and techniques that I found from my research, which was the survey and the analyzing of other magazines.
I used a certain layout to make sure my magazine was eye catching to the readers, such as putting the masthead at the top, so it’s the first thing they see, then put the main cover line beneath her head to show people the main content was about her, with the rest I put them lower down but not so people wouldn’t recognize them so they understood the main focus. I made my model large by enlarging her so she took up most of the page so it seemed as everything was revolving round her, she was dressed in clothes that were appealing to rock and I made her large in a portrait shot to make sure that the people who were into rock were drawn to the magazine as teenagers and young people don’t always have large attention spans.




I arranged the colours in a certain way to show the readers the genre and significance of certain pieces of content on the magazine. For example I used the colour red to ensure that the main cover line was seen first and to show that it was more significant than the rest, the colour red shows energy, danger and rebelliousness which were the main themes that attracted people who were interested in the rock/metal genre which attracts teenagers mostly. I used blue as the background to make the models features and the text on the pages stand out, also to represent the easy going and carefree nature to the rock genre, therefore attracting my target audience. I used black as the colour for my mast head to make it block stand out against the background so people recognize it as an individual brand. I made the other cover lines different colours that were less easily recognized than but easily noticed by the reader so they wouldn’t be lost in the background.

The font types and sizes I used influenced the readers to stay interested on the magazine, for example I used the largest font for the masthead to show significance, I also used a broken glass type of font to appeal to my teenage audience and this is large to make it easily noticed by the reader. I made my main cover line the largest so it would be more significant to the reader and make them interested in it as it is bigger than the rest of them, I adjusted the size of the font so it wasn’t too small to read or to big that it would drown out the rest and keep the attention on the main subjects. I used simpler fonts for the main body text and the cover lines so it would be easy to perceive and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment